Monday, August 20, 2012




It's Monday, which means a heavy workload and working towards that inevitable gold ring--Friday!
I started thinking about how I could incorporate more beneficial things into my diet, like Quinoa, Groats, Brown Rice, Farro, Stevia, and Chia Seeds

I love making Chia seed overnight cereal. I am a real fan of tapioca and this mirrors it for me. But Chia seeds are much healthier and have loads more nutrients. 

Then I started thinking about making a fruit jam that included it ( because some jams use tapioca as a natural thickener)

And guess what ??? You can!!

Try it and tell me what you think!

 

 Blueberry Chia Jam


 makes about 1/2 cup
Gluten free, vegan, sugar free, low fat, healthy
1 cup blueberries*
1 tbsp chia seeds
~1 tbsp water
Optional: sweetener, vanilla, spices etc. 
In a small nonstick saucepan over medium heat place blueberries, chia seeds and water. 
Once the blueberries start to heat and the mixture comes to a low boil stir frequently, lightly mashing the blueberries. 
Keep stirring the mixture until the jam is thick, remove from the head and pour into an air tight container. 
Store the jam in the container for a week or so in the fridge.
*You can use fresh or frozen blueberries (or another berry of your choice!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....