Thursday, September 20, 2012

Yay!! It's finally acting like Fall around here, the leaves are falling along with the temperature. It's cool (40's) in the mornings and in the high 60's to low 70's during the day. PERFECT!! I love Fall. 

So....in honor of this glorious season and the abundance of apples this time of year I thought I'd post a recipe for a delicious, gooey, finger licking.....

Cinnamon Apple Walnut Pull Apart Bread


Apple Walnut Pull-Apart Bread
Ingredients:
12 frozen dinner rolls, thawed
2 Granny Smith apples, chopped (you can peel them if you would like to, but I didn't . . . it's all about the shortcuts!)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix together the chopped apples, brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon until well combined.
Using a pair of clean kitchen scissors, cut each roll into thirds.
Place 12 small roll pieces in the bottom of the loaf pan. Drizzle about a third of the melted butter on top of the roll pieces. Then top with a third of the apple mixture. Repeat layers two more times, until ingredients are all used up.
Let rise for about an hour (or until rolls have doubled in size).
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until tops are golden brown and the middle rolls are done (I lifted one of the rolls in the middle to peak at the layers underneath to make sure they weren't doughy).
If you want, drizzle with glaze made of powdered sugar and milk (I just keep adding and mixing the powdered sugar and milk together in a bowl until I get the consistency I want).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....