Thursday, October 4, 2012

Slow Cooker Ranch House Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

Well....it's here. Yesterday was the last day of 70+ weather. Today it's forecasted high's in the 50's. 

Hello Fall!!!

Breaking out the slow cooker and am making one of my family's favs....

Ranch House Pork Chops with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes

  1. 6 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
  2. 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
  3. 10 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
  4. 4 lbs peeled, cubed potatoes
  5. 5 Tablespoons real butter
  6. 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
  7. 1- 1 1/2 Cups warm skim milk (any milk will do, I used skim)
  8. 1 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
  9. 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, or to taste 

Directions:
  • Place pork chops, Ranch seasoning and soup into a medium sized crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
  • Place potatoes into a large pot of cold water. Place onto stove top over high heat and bring to a boil. 
  • Once water is boiling, cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, Parmesan, milk, salt and pepper. Season to taste if needed. For thinner mashed potatoes add more milk, slowly until your desired consistency.
  • Scoop mashed potatoes onto serving plates and top with pork chops and soup gravy from crock pot. I put a little parsley on top to serve.

Adapted From:The Real Mom Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. I just want to say, I made these the other night and they were the absolute BOMB!!! So good, tender, moist, so flavorful. They are definitely going onto the weekly rotation this Fall and Winter, Yahoo!
    Also, I didn't have a packet of Ranch Dressing, so I improvised: 1 tsp each of Garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, 1/2 tsp of dried Dill, salt and pepper. Mixed ith all with 1 tbsp of flour. Teehee--it's ranch dressing homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - my mouth is watering just looking at your photo! This sounds perfect - I love ranch on EVERYTHING! I'm so glad you linked up at Weekend Potluck, but did I miss seeing a link back? If you need help doing that, just let me know... :/

    ReplyDelete

I relish your comments....