Sunday, June 16, 2013

Teriyaki Stir Fry



This simple, savory dish is made in the time it takes to steam a pot of rice. About 20 minutes and Boom!! it's done.



Stir frys are one of the best weekday meals because of how fast they come together.
For sure, most of the time is taken in prepping the vegetables.
Thankfully my knife skills have been "honed" (sorry couldn't resist) over the years and I can prep out veggies in a flash. Also I use my most favorite knife. Gifted to me for Mother's Day from my daughter and her fiance.
I absolutely LOVE my Global knives. They maintain well, keep a sharp edge and are easily sharpened. Love them! I was floored when I opened up this Global Vegetable knife!
It is my "go to" knife now. 
And all that vegetable prep went in a flash and it sliced the meat wonderfully as well. 

Ingredients:
1 lb. beef steak ( I used chuck believe it or not!)
1 Green and Red Bell Pepper, cored and sliced into slivers
1 sweet onion, chopped
1/2 lb. fresh Asparagus, sliced on the diagonal (mine is from our garden-natch!)
I clove garlic minced
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Soyaki or your favorite Asian Teriyaki sauce/marinade
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp water
1 tsp pepper

Directions:
  1. Pour the Teriyaki saue in a medium bowl. Thinly slice the meat across the grain into 2-3" long strips and stir in the sauce and set aside. 
  2. Rinse and prepare rice according to package directions. 
  3. Meanwhile heat a large pan or wok over medium high heat and swirl in 1 tbsp of oil.
  4. Add in onion, peppers and asparagus, saute or "stir fry" for 5-8 minutes, until stir crisp tender. Remove to a clean bowl. 
  5. Add garlic to pan and stir for 60 seconds. Add in meat and sauce. Stir to combine and coat meat and cook for 5-7 minutes. Until meat is no longer red and the sauce is slightly thickened. 
  6. Add vegetables back into pan.Season with pepper.
  7. Stir cornstarch with water and sesame oil and pour over all. Stir quickly to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick and glossy. 
  8. Serve over cooked rice.
  Enjoy!
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties

No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....