Monday, February 24, 2014

2 Ingredient Brownies-#1 Thing To Do When You Lose Your Job

I posted this a year and a half ago one day when I really needed chocolate. 

Today, February 24, 2014, I really am in need of these chocolate babies again.  This morning I was informed after almost 9 years that I no longer had a job...

Photo Courtesy of Lori Lange


I have witnessed this same scenario where I work 3 or 4 times in the last 3 years. I was thinking since I had been there that long I might be safe, boy was I wrong. It came down to it being a small family owned company that changed hands to a younger generation; where loyalty, hard work and dedication must not apply anymore (I refuse to believe that my being diagnosed with cancer a month ago had anything to do with it...). 

Sad day..I liked my job, my co-workers and I thought I was a valued employee that made worthwhile contributions in my work. Sigh...

So, today make these awesome brownies-that's the FIRST thing to do when you've lost your job. 

And 4 more things to do as well--

  1. Make these brownies.
  2. Take a deep breath....and then take 10 more. 
  3. Register online with your local Workforce Center.
  4. Polish your resume. 
  5. Eat half of the pan of brownies.
--

Sometimes you just need chocolate.

Chocolate can make even the worst day, just a little better, easier. 

So those farmers in South America and Africa that grow the cacao beans and ship them to be processed are an important part of a magical process to produce happiness and euphoria all over the world.

And yet, sometimes you just don't have the energy to make an epic chocolate something, it's just not happening baby....but you want more than just a plain old candy bar.

You want ooey-gooey chocolatey goodness and you want it NOW!

Saved by......

2 Ingredient Decadent Brownies

Photos Courtesy of Lori Lange
Photos Courtesy of Lori Lange



 
2 Ingredient Brownies

Ingredients:


1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I like the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie)
25 Dove Caramel- Milk Chocolate candies (unwrapped)- or use another chocolate covered caramel candy

Directions:


1. Preheat the oven to whatever it says on your brownie mix box (325 degrees F for Ghirardelli). Spray a 9x9-inch metal pan with nonstick spray and then line with a 9x15-inch strip of parchment paper, letting it come up and over two sides. Spray the parchment with nonstick spray too.
2. In a large bowl, prepare your brownie batter as directed on the box. Spread 1/2 of the brownie batter into your prepared pan. Place the chocolate-covered caramels on top in 5 rows of 5. Spoon the remaining brownie batter on top and spread to cover.
3. Bake the brownies as directed on your brownie mix box for a 9x9-inch pan.
4. Let the brownies cool completely and then gently lift the parchment paper and brownies out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve!

Tips:


*I like to chill my brownies before I cut them- you get much cleaner cuts!  

Adapted from:Recipegirl.com

Enjoy!! 
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties


No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....