Thursday, March 6, 2014

Taco Pizza Ole'

Everyone loves tacos...

They're the perfect little handheld meal. Seasoned meat wrapped in a soft or crispy shell, showered in cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sauce and even sour cream or guacamole if you're lucky!

Well, no wonder when I layered all that goodness on a crispy, chewy pizza crust my family went gaga on me. 

I was like, what? It's just a taco pizza, no big deal and they were like...

WHAT, NO BIG DEAL??!! 

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Okay, so maybe they didn't shout (hence uppercase), but it was abundantly clear they wanted me to make this OFTEN!


Lovely Ladies Linky

Okay, I said, okay fine. 

I mean, its almost a crime how easy it is to throw together. I actually feel a little guilty I don't have to put more time into it. 

Nah...not really, the guilty part. 

Anytime I don't have to stand in the kitchen for over an hour on a weeknight, I'll take it. 

Make this baby on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Just use leftover taco seasoned meat from Tuesday!!

That's the secret. 

Leftover taco meat...shhhhh, don't say it too loud. 





Ingredients:

1 Pizza crust-i used Trader Joe's fresh pizza crust that I froze and thawed
1 can re-fried bean
1/4 - 1/3 cup Salsa
1 cup or more of cooked seasoned Taco meat (beef or chicken)
2 cups cheese-shredded
3-4 green onions, sliced
2 cups lettuce, diced
1/2 cup tomato, diced
Olives, sour cream, taco sauce, avocado, jalapeno, etc. 

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 425F. On a large sheet pan coated with oil spread out the pizza dough as thin as you like and creat a ridge around the perimeter. Bake this for 6-8 minutes. 
  2. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the beans and salsa together. Remove the pizza from the oven and spread the bean mixture over the crust evenly. 
  3. Top with the seasoned taco meat. Cover with 1 cup or half of the cheese. 
  4. Bake for another 8-10 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted. 
  5. Top with lettuce, tomato, onion, the rest of the cheese and whatever other toppings you would love on a taco. 
  6. Cut and serve. 

Yum!





Enjoy!!  
This recipe is shared on My Link Parties




No comments:

Post a Comment

I relish your comments....